Tungsten rings are known for their solid strength and durability, as well as their constant shine and luster. Happily, these rings require little maintenance; they cannot fade, corrode, or tarnish easily. These are some of the reasons they are so popular as wedding rings.
Choosing Tungsten Carbide Rings
Do you know that the carbide ring is one of the hardest metals used in jewelry? Yes, when measured on the Mohs scale, it comes in at a hardness rank of 9 (out of 10), whereas gold, silver, and aluminum come in at about 2.5.
These rings are a preferred choice as wedding rings because they are ideal for everyday wear. They are well suited for people with active lifestyles and tough work. This makes them especially desirable as men’s rings.
Let us shed some light on why these rings are a better choice for many people than other kinds of metal rings.
Comparing Tungsten Rings with Titanium
When it comes to choosing jewelry that’s perfectly suited to your future husband, you have a plethora of choices. Titanium rings have risen in popularity, as it is another highly attractive hard metal. Both are good choices, but the metal has been grabbing attention for its good looks and satisfying feel.
How Tungsten Is Superior to Titanium Rings
- First and foremost, these rings have a higher gloss and mirror-like finish, which titanium rings typically lack. Furthermore, you can apply many more finishing styles to tungsten as compared to titanium.
- If we compare the hardness of both metals, this metal is three points harder than titanium. Titanium jewelry can be bent or get scratched, but this one is resistant to these injuries.
- Titanium rings are incredibly lightweight. That means it has almost no feel. This metal, on the other hand, has the luxurious feel of rich metal.
- Also, there is a difference in the manufacturing process. Production of titanium rings is purely industrial. On the other hand, tungsten rings are manufactured with intensive individual care involving various steps to make, refine, and polish the ring.
- Finally, tungsten rings bring a perfect symbolism as their powerful strength reflects the meaning of commitment.
Tungsten versus Gold Rings
- Now you know that tungsten rings are more durable because they are one of the hardest metals on earth. For example, this metal is four times harder than gold. This alone is a good reason to look into these wedding rings.
- Gold rings appear to be shinier at first, but over time, that shine gets duller. These rings, apart from being scratch-resistant, provide a continually polished new look.
- Manufacturers can use a spectrum of vibrant colors in these rings. For instance, they can make use of tungsten’s native gray-silver color, or even apply a black, blue, or white coating that gives these rings a fine-quality, eye-catching coat. Of course, you can’t get this kind of special effect with gold rings.
- One of the most important reasons people choose these rings over gold is that the metal is a cost-effective alternative to gold. You can also create some amazing designs with this metal that won’t stand up over time with softer metals.
Platinum versus Tungsten Rings
Generally speaking, the color of the platinum is similar to that of the tungsten rings. The main difference is related to the price – these rings are more affordable.
Another factor in favor of tungsten jewelry is that because of its hardness, it is more scratch-proof than platinum. Also, these rings are known for their hypoallergenic nature, meaning they won’t cause an allergic reaction.
Tungsten Rings Are Ideal for Engraving
One of the benefits of these rings over other metals is that it offers a fantastic surface for custom engraving using a laser etching system. Because the metal resists wearing down, the engraving looks sharp longer than it might in a softer metal.
How to Order Engraving
If you want to engrave your ring, you can add the option of laser engraving to your shopping cart. The process of ring engraving is cost-efficient and fast — typically taking only one or two business days to complete. Engraving a permanent personal message inside your fiance’s ring is a lovely way to express your sentiments.
Tungsten Rings Have Easier Maintenance
You’ll love how easy it is to take care of your tungsten rings. You need only a soft cloth to remove smudges. For more thorough cleaning, water, and a mild detergent is enough to do the job. Remember not to use chemicals to clean your ring, as they can stain metals.
These rings offer so many advantages that there is every reason for them to continue gaining popularity and growing demand among modern-day customers. They provide full value for money because of their hardness, affordability, and non-scratch features that make a great looking ring to celebrate a lifetime of togetherness.